We are proud to be one of only six jewelers in the state of Michigan to offer comprehensive appraisals by our in-house CGA (Certified Gemologist Appraiser), certified by the American Gem Society.
Appraisals completed by our in-house CGA offer an unparalleled level of accuracy and care in examining your jewelry. With over three decades of experience, our appraisal team of highly trained specialists follow a strict code of ethics governed by international organizations such as the Jewelers Vigilance Committee and Jewelers of America.
The purpose of a jewelry appraisal is to assign a precise dollar value for an item, often for insurance purposes. An appraisal might also be necessary to settle an estate or other valuation procedures or also be used to verify an item's true market value before making a purchase. Market values change, so we recommend that you have your fine jewelry appraisals updated every three years.
SERVICES WE OFFER
- Authentication reports
- Insurance appraisals
- Insurance replacement evaluations for lost or damaged items
- Tax, estate, and probate appraisals
- Gemstone identification
- Expert witness testimony
- Forensic and damage reports
- Private consultations at your bank
- Evaluations in divorce proceedings
- Each piece of jewelry is carefully cleaned, weighed, measured, and described in detail
- A picture is taken of the item being appraised
- The metal content is determined
- The gemstones are identified, graded, measured, and described in gemological and narrative detail
- An accurate valuation of your item is determined
To arrange an appointment with one of our specialists, please contact Susan Barnett at 248-865-6087 or email@example.com.
A laboratory or grading report describes an unmounted gemstone. Reports differ for diamonds and colored gems, but they include specifics about carat weight, dimensions, color and clarity grades, and descriptions of the gemstone's cut and shape. The laboratory report is akin to the 'birth certificate' of the gemstone and clearly details the unique specifications of that gem. Tapper's provides diamond grading reports for all diamonds that we sell.
Trade In - Trade Up
Time for more sparkle? Trade in your old diamond and get a full credit applied toward the purchase of a new one!
Financing With our Tapper's Credit Card
Making your dreams come true is easy with the variety of financing options we offer.
Learn more about the Tapper’s Difference.
Diamond Buying Guide
It's probably the most significant purchase you will make. Let us give you a hand.