Perfect Ring Size
You've picked out the perfect engagement ring from Tapper's, you have the perfect proposal planned out, but one thing is standing in your way: you don't know her ring size. Well, don't fret. We've compiled a brief list of tips to help you secretly find your future fiancé's ring size to complete the perfect surprise proposal.
1. Measure the fit to be snug. As a rule of thumb, we say the ring should go on easy but come off hard. The resistance you feel at the knuckle is what keeps your ring from falling off your finger.
2. Your finger size will fluctuate throughout the day, and can vary based on your diet, body temperature, and the hydration level of your body. We recommend sizing your finger in the evening, with your hands as close to room temperature as possible.
3. If your fingers feel swollen or cold, wait until they return to their normal state before taking a measurement.
4. If you can’t decide between two sizes, you can choose right in between. For example, if a size 7 is too tight but the 7.5 is a little loose, choose a 7.25.
5. In some cases, a slender finger with a larger knuckle can cause your ring to fit loose, where the ring constantly turns upside-down on your finger. At Tapper’s, we have a variety of options, from arthritic shanks, inner springs, to sizing bumps. Our team of experts will measure your knuckle and finger size, and recommend the best solution for your finger.
6. Did you know wider bands fit a little tighter? If you are trying to measure without your partner knowing, you can take one of their rings that are similar in size and measure the outside of the band.
As always, you can visit any Tapper’s location to get your finger measured by one of our experts.